Seoul shares edge lower amid growth worries, KEPCO falls
SEOUL, June 5
SEOUL, June 5 (Reuters) - Seoul shares opened lower on Wednesday after falls on Wall Street and as a disappointing set of economic data from the United States fuelled worries about the economy.
Korea Electric Power Corp shares fell 1 percent after media reported that additional nuclear reactor components were found to have been used with fabricated certificates.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index was down 0.26 percent at 1,984.24 points as of 0007 GMT. (Reporting by Jungyoun Park; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper vows tighter security after Parliament attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown