OCI to sell stake in Texas methanol plant through IPO
CAIRO, June 5
CAIRO, June 5 (Reuters) - OCI N.V. said on Wednesday it plans to sell a minority state in a methanol and ammonia plant in Texas in an initial public offering in the second half of 2013.
The new partnership will use the funds from the IPO to repay debts and finance a debottlenecking project at the plant in Beaumont, Texas.
OCI has set up a limited partnership that will apply this month to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to carry out the IPO.
"Subject to market conditions and final approval by OCI N.V.'s board of directors, OCI N.V. anticipates that a minority interest in the MLP will be offered in the IPO in the second half of 2013," OCI said in a statement to the press.
(Reporting by Maggie Fick; editing by Patrick Graham; Writing by Patrick Werr; editing by Patrick Graham)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Obama to Republican critics on immigration: 'Pass a bill'