CFTC sues US Bancorp's U.S. Bank N.A. over Peregrine funds
WASHINGTON, June 5
WASHINGTON, June 5 (Reuters) - The Commodity Futures Trading sued U.S. Bancorp's U.S. Bank N.A., accusing it of unlawfully holding customer funds from Peregrine Financial Group, the futures brokerage that collapsed in July 2012.
The CFTC complaint alleges that U.S. Bank N.A. used Peregrine's customers' funds as security on loans and improperly held customers' funds in an account that it treated as Peregrine's commercial checking account.
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach