CFTC sues US Bancorp's U.S. Bank N.A. over Peregrine funds
WASHINGTON, June 5
WASHINGTON, June 5 (Reuters) - The Commodity Futures Trading sued U.S. Bancorp's U.S. Bank N.A., accusing it of unlawfully holding customer funds from Peregrine Financial Group, the futures brokerage that collapsed in July 2012.
The CFTC complaint alleges that U.S. Bank N.A. used Peregrine's customers' funds as security on loans and improperly held customers' funds in an account that it treated as Peregrine's commercial checking account.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt
- Bike-riding nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- U.S. quarantines 'chilling' Ebola fight in West Africa: MSF