CFTC sues US Bancorp's U.S. Bank N.A. over Peregrine funds
WASHINGTON, June 5
WASHINGTON, June 5 (Reuters) - The Commodity Futures Trading sued U.S. Bancorp's U.S. Bank N.A., accusing it of unlawfully holding customer funds from Peregrine Financial Group, the futures brokerage that collapsed in July 2012.
The CFTC complaint alleges that U.S. Bank N.A. used Peregrine's customers' funds as security on loans and improperly held customers' funds in an account that it treated as Peregrine's commercial checking account.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |