REFILE-Network gear maker Ciena posts surprise adjusted profit
June 6 (Reuters) - Network equipment maker Ciena Corp posted a surprise adjusted quarterly profit, helped by a 3 percent increase in its gross margin.
The company's net loss narrowed to $27.1 million, or 27 cents per share, in the second quarter, from $27.8 million, or 28 cents per share, a year earlier. The company earned 2 cents per share before items.
Revenue rose 6.3 percent to $507.7 million.
Analysts on average expected an adjusted loss of 1 cent per share on revenue of $483.6 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- U.S. strikes help Iraq Kurds, army advances against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq