REFILE-Network gear maker Ciena posts surprise adjusted profit
June 6 (Reuters) - Network equipment maker Ciena Corp posted a surprise adjusted quarterly profit, helped by a 3 percent increase in its gross margin.
The company's net loss narrowed to $27.1 million, or 27 cents per share, in the second quarter, from $27.8 million, or 28 cents per share, a year earlier. The company earned 2 cents per share before items.
Revenue rose 6.3 percent to $507.7 million.
Analysts on average expected an adjusted loss of 1 cent per share on revenue of $483.6 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image