Greek March unemployment rises to 26.8 pct
ATHENS, June 6
ATHENS, June 6 (Reuters) - Greece's jobless rate rose to 26.8 percent in March from a downwardly revised 26.7 percent in February, the country's statistics service ELSTAT said on Thursday.
It was the highest reading since the statistics service began publishing jobless data in 2006 and more than twice the euro zone's average reading of 12.2 percent in April, reflecting the impact of a six-year, austerity-fueled recession.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |