Caixabank sells 3.7 pct of Inbursa to Inmobiliaria Carso
MADRID, June 7
MADRID, June 7 (Reuters) - Spain's CaixaBank said on Friday it had sold 3.7 pct of Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim's Grupo Financiero Inbursa to Inmobiliaria Carso , owned by the same Mexican group, for 387 million euros and a capital gain of 33 million euros.
The Barcelona-based lender said it would sell another 6.4 pct of Inbursa in Mexico, with a tranche for international investors, and would keep up a stake of 9.0 to 9.9 pct in Inbursa.
Last month CaixaBank announced the divestment plan in an effort to strengthen its capital base.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand