Largest West Coast Gathering of Healthcare Leaders Convene to Address Strategies for Leading and Adapting to the Monumental Changes under Federal Health Reform
Conference is the Nation’s Largest Singular Event Focused on the Coordinated Patient Care Model of Healthcare Delivery - the Hallmark of the Affordable Care Act
California Association of Physician Groups:
More than 2,000 physicians, providers, payers and health policy experts are expected at the 10th Annual Healthcare Conference hosted by the California Association of Physician Groups (CAPG), an organization that has rapidly expanded to represent members from 22 states because of the coordinated, capitated model it embraces. The Affordable Care Act has provided the fuel for California’s more modernized innovative approach to healthcare -- and causing other states to take notice.
The Affordable Care Act has the potential to transform healthcare in profound and lasting ways. The CAPG conference will feature renowned healthcare speakers and provocative breakout sessions showcasing insights and behind-the-scenes intelligence to inform the decisions affecting patient care for years to come.
June 7 – June 8
JW Marriott, Los Angeles at LA Live
900 West Olympic Boulevard
The conference will focus on major issues still undecided in the movement toward reform:
- Healthcare Insurance Exchanges: How are doctors and hospitals navigating the anticipated depression of payments and will it put quality care at risk?
- Transition to Team-Based Physician Practices: What is the best role for doctors and the appropriate scope of practice for physician assistants and other members of a patient’s healthcare team?
- From Volume to Value: How will physicians respond to demands by policymakers and purchasers for greater efficiency and better care?
- Susan Dentzer, Senior Policy Advisor, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation; former editor, Health Affairs, the nation’s leading journal of health policy
- Jeff Goldsmith, President of Health Futures, Inc., Associate Professor of Medical Education, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Health Planning and Medical Technology
- Norman J. Ornstein, Resident Scholar, American Enterprise Institute
- Donald Crane, President and CEO, California Association of Physician Groups
Physicians from nearly every California community serving urban, rural and multicultural populations will be on hand for interviews and briefings throughout the conference. To arrange in-person or phone interviews, contact Kris Deutschman, 916-444-8801 (offc.), 916-425-7174 (cell) or via email email@example.com.
For California Association of Physician Groups
Kris Deutschman, 916-425-7174