Fiat won't take on new debt to buy Chrysler stake-CEO
VENICE, Italy, June 7
VENICE, Italy, June 7 (Reuters) - Fiat Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne said on Friday the car maker does not need to take on any new debt to fund the purchase of the 41.5 percent stake in Chrsyler it does not already own.
"We have no immediate need for financing, we will not take on any new debt," Marchionne told reporters.
Asked about reports that Fiat was in refinancing talks with banks for $10 billion, Marchionne said: "No, that figure is incorrect."
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California