Merkel says interest rates can rise when EU restores trust
BERLIN, June 7
BERLIN, June 7 (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Friday that interest rates will be able to rise again once the European Union has pushed through structural reforms and trust in its banks is restored.
"Then we will get an interest rate that is better for savers than the one we have today," she told a meeting of family-owned companies in Berlin.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane