Briefing planned at 0600 GMT on Japan public fund's midterm plan-ministry
TOKYO, June 7
TOKYO, June 7 (Reuters) - Japan's health ministry said on Friday that it will hold a briefing regarding change in the country's public pension fund, called the Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF), at 15:00 JST (0600 GMT).
The ministry said the briefing on Friday will be on changes to the fund's midterm plan.
Japan's GPIF - a pool of over $1 trillion - is considering a change to its portfolio strategy that could allow its investment in domestic stocks to grow with a rallying market, according to people familiar with the deliberations.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'