Briefing planned at 0600 GMT on Japan public fund's midterm plan-ministry
TOKYO, June 7
TOKYO, June 7 (Reuters) - Japan's health ministry said on Friday that it will hold a briefing regarding change in the country's public pension fund, called the Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF), at 15:00 JST (0600 GMT).
The ministry said the briefing on Friday will be on changes to the fund's midterm plan.
Japan's GPIF - a pool of over $1 trillion - is considering a change to its portfolio strategy that could allow its investment in domestic stocks to grow with a rallying market, according to people familiar with the deliberations.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |