Tropical Storm Andrea losing tropical characteristics - NHC
June 7 (Reuters) - Andrea, the first tropical storm of the 2013 Atlantic hurricane season, is expected to lose tropical characteristics later today, the U.S. government forecasters said on Friday.
The storm was located about five miles south-southwest of Fayetteville, North Carolina, and was packing maximum sustained winds of around 45 miles per hour (75km/h), the Miami-based National Hurricane Center said, adding that a few tornadoes are possible over eastern portions of North Carolina and Virginia today. (Reporting by Arpan Varghese in Bangalore)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port