Tropical Storm Andrea becomes post-tropical cyclone -NHC
Andrea, the first tropical storm of the 2013 Atlantic hurricane season, has become a post-tropical cyclone, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin on Friday.
The storm was located about 55 miles (90 kms) east-northeast of Raleigh, North Carolina, and was packing maximum sustained winds of around 45 miles per hour (75km/h), the Miami-based National Hurricane Center said.
The center of Andrea will move north-eastward near the U.S. east coast through Saturday and across Atlantic Canada late Saturday through Sunday. (Reporting by NR Sethuraman in Bangalore; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |