Tropical Storm Andrea becomes post-tropical cyclone -NHC
Andrea, the first tropical storm of the 2013 Atlantic hurricane season, has become a post-tropical cyclone, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin on Friday.
The storm was located about 55 miles (90 kms) east-northeast of Raleigh, North Carolina, and was packing maximum sustained winds of around 45 miles per hour (75km/h), the Miami-based National Hurricane Center said.
The center of Andrea will move north-eastward near the U.S. east coast through Saturday and across Atlantic Canada late Saturday through Sunday. (Reporting by NR Sethuraman in Bangalore; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |