British queen's husband, 91, has operation on abdomen
LONDON (Reuters) - Prince Philip, the 91-year-old husband of Britain's Queen Elizabeth, is recovering in hospital after undergoing an exploratory operation on his abdomen on Friday, a royal spokesman said.
"At this early stage he is progressing satisfactorily," the Buckingham Palace spokesman said in a statement. "The results will now be analysed."
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks