Gunman kills at least six people in Santa Monica shooting: police
SANTA MONICA, California
SANTA MONICA, California (Reuters) - A gunman killed at least six people in Santa Monica, California, west of Los Angeles, on Friday, before he was shot to death himself by police at the library of a community college, Police Chief Jacqueline Seabrooks said.
Seabrooks said a second individual she described as a "person of interest" had been taken into custody in connection with the violence, which unfolded a few miles from where President Barack Obama was attending a political fundraiser.
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar soars to six-year peak on yen after Fed, Tokyo stocks cheer
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- UPDATE 4-Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading