Tired Nadal pulls out of German tournament
BERLIN (Reuters) - French Open finalist Rafael Nadal has pulled out of next week's Wimbledon warmup event at Halle in Germany, citing fatigue after a busy few weeks of tennis.
The Spaniard will try to win his eighth crown on the Roland Garros clay courts in Paris on Sunday against compatriot David Ferrer.
"It is a pity and unfortunate Rafael cannot come," said Halle tournament director Ralf Weber in a statement. "But I understand his decision...his health is the top priority."
World number four Nadal has recently won titles in Barcelona, Madrid and Rome, hitting top form on his favorite clay ahead of the French Open after coming back in February from a lengthy injury absence.
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting