Two people found dead at house fire near scene of California shooting
SANTA MONICA, California
SANTA MONICA, California (Reuters) - Two people were found dead at the scene of a California house fire on Friday a short distance from where a gunman opened fire on traffic near a college campus in Santa Monica, but it was not immediately clear if the incidents were related, police said.
Television footage broadcast by a local CNN affiliate from the scene of the fire appeared to show a car outside the home damaged by gunfire. Local television station KNBC, citing a fire department official, reported that a woman was found suffering a gunshot wound in a car outside the burned home.
(Writing by Steve Gorman; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East
- Ice storms, snowfall, rain hinders holiday travel across U.S.