U.S. justices agree to hear BG Group arbitration case
WASHINGTON, June 10
WASHINGTON, June 10 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday agreed to hear British company BG Group Plc's appeal over a $185.3 million arbitration award it won against Argentina that an appeals court later threw out.
A U.S. district court ruled in 2007 that BG, a natural gas exploration and distribution company, should recover because a decision by the Argentine government in 2002 to introduce a gas price freeze breached a 1993 treaty between Britain and Argentina.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter