Brazil Finance Ministry to announce new economic measures
BRASILIA, June 12
BRASILIA, June 12 (Reuters) - Brazilian Finance Minister Guido Mantega will announce new economic measures at a news briefing later on Wednesday, the ministry said in a statement.
The new measures come amid growing speculation the government will remove more capital controls to limit the sharp depreciation of the Brazilian real. Local media has also said the government could announce measures to reaffirm its commitment to fiscal responsibility.
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Islamist militants on rise in Austria: government