Disney's ESPN to close 3D cable TV network by year-end
June 12 (Reuters) - Walt Disney Co's ESPN sports network will shut its 3D cable channel by the end of the year due to low consumer demand, a spokeswoman for the sports network said on Wednesday.
ESPN launched the 3D cable channel three years ago and it had broadcast events including The Masters golf tournament and college football games.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |