Disney's ESPN to close 3D cable TV network by year-end
June 12 (Reuters) - Walt Disney Co's ESPN sports network will shut its 3D cable channel by the end of the year due to low consumer demand, a spokeswoman for the sports network said on Wednesday.
ESPN launched the 3D cable channel three years ago and it had broadcast events including The Masters golf tournament and college football games.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |