Generali estimates 100 mln euros net hit from European floods
MILAN, June 12
MILAN, June 12 (Reuters) - Italy's leading insurer Generali said on Wednesday it faced an estimated net hit of 100 million euros from damage caused by flooding in central Europe, Germany and Austria, where it has widespread operations.
Generali, which has set up a task force of experts to assist clients in the most damaged regions, said it estimates 40,000 claims in the Czech Republic, which was heavily hit by bad weather.
(Reporting By Lisa Jucca, editing by Jennifer Clark)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- UPDATE 6-Target cyber breach hits 40 mln payment cards at holiday peak
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |