Greek PM to meet coalition partners over ERT closure
ATHENS, June 12
ATHENS, June 12 (Reuters) - Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras agreed to a demand by his junior coalition partners to meet them in the coming days to discuss the sudden closure of state broadcaster ERT, a government source said on Wednesday.
The concession appeared to defuse some of the tension that had risen after Samaras and his coalition partners openly clashed over ERT's shutdown, reigniting fears about political instability in Greece.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls