Greek PM to meet coalition partners over ERT closure
ATHENS, June 12
ATHENS, June 12 (Reuters) - Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras agreed to a demand by his junior coalition partners to meet them in the coming days to discuss the sudden closure of state broadcaster ERT, a government source said on Wednesday.
The concession appeared to defuse some of the tension that had risen after Samaras and his coalition partners openly clashed over ERT's shutdown, reigniting fears about political instability in Greece.
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting
- Israel presses Gaza offensive, kills eight in air strike: officials |
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Ukraine threatens to retake territory from defiant rebels