Dollar plummets to session low versus Japanese yen
NEW YORK, June 12
NEW YORK, June 12 (Reuters) - The dollar plummeted to a global session low against the yen around midday in New York trading on Wednesday.
The dollar fell as low as 95.16 yen and last traded at 95.40 yen, down 0.6 percent on the day, according to Reuters data.
"There was no real catalyst in this latest leg lower in dollar/yen," a trader said. "The move is largely driven by stops in a low liquidity environment."
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter