S.Korea's Samsung Heavy wins $1.3 bln order from Statoil
SEOUL, June 12
SEOUL, June 12 (Reuters) - Samsung Heavy Industries Co Ltd said on Wednesday it had won a 1.46 trillion won ($1.3 billion) order to build two large-scale jack-up rigs for Norway's Statoil ASA.
The South Korean shipbuilder said in a statement the rigs were expected to be put to use in the North Sea off the coast of Norway. The contract is expected to be completed in October 2016. (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East