S.Korea's Samsung Heavy wins $1.3 bln order from Statoil
SEOUL, June 12
SEOUL, June 12 (Reuters) - Samsung Heavy Industries Co Ltd said on Wednesday it had won a 1.46 trillion won ($1.3 billion) order to build two large-scale jack-up rigs for Norway's Statoil ASA.
The South Korean shipbuilder said in a statement the rigs were expected to be put to use in the North Sea off the coast of Norway. The contract is expected to be completed in October 2016. (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'