S.Korea's Samsung Heavy wins $1.3 bln order from Statoil
SEOUL, June 12
SEOUL, June 12 (Reuters) - Samsung Heavy Industries Co Ltd said on Wednesday it had won a 1.46 trillion won ($1.3 billion) order to build two large-scale jack-up rigs for Norway's Statoil ASA.
The South Korean shipbuilder said in a statement the rigs were expected to be put to use in the North Sea off the coast of Norway. The contract is expected to be completed in October 2016. (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Obama tells Israel U.S. ready to help end hostilities
- Man suspected of shooting six dead in Texas to appear in court