Reports of forex-rate rigging "worrying"-French watchdog
PARIS, June 13
PARIS, June 13 (Reuters) - Reports of possible manipulation of benchmark foreign-exchange rates are "quite worrying", the head of France's AMF markets watchdog said on Thursday, adding that the AMF was not an authority in this market.
"It's quite worrying ... the reported manipulation apparently took place in a market that is linked to foreign-exchange rates," Gerard Rameix told journalists at a media event.
"(The AMF) is not an authority in foreign-exchange transactions."
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner