Richard's future as France Telecom CEO in question - minister
PARIS, June 13
PARIS, June 13 (Reuters) - French Digital Economy Minister Fleur Pellerin said on Thursday there was a question mark over whether France Telecom chief executive Stephane Richard could remain in his post after he was placed under formal investigation for fraud.
Asked if Richard could stay in his post in light of the investigation, she told RTL radio: "It's an open question."
"That is the question that the executive board will have to answer when it holds an extraordinary meeting in the next few days," she added. France's government owns 27 percent of the company.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Student opens fire at Colorado high school, wounds two classmates
- Man arrested for suspected suicide plot to blow up Kansas airport |
- Hawaii official who released Obama birth certificate dies in plane crash