Greek Q1 unemployment climbs to 27.4 pct
ATHENS, June 13
ATHENS, June 13 (Reuters) - Greece's jobless rate rose to 27.4 percent in the first quarter of 2013 from 26 percent in the previous three-month period as economic activity slumped, the country's statistics service said on Thursday.
It was the highest quarterly unemployment rate since this data series started in 1998. The jobless rate in the first quarter of 2012 was 22.6 percent.
Greece has already published monthly unemployment figures up to March.
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source