Greek Q1 unemployment climbs to 27.4 pct
ATHENS, June 13
ATHENS, June 13 (Reuters) - Greece's jobless rate rose to 27.4 percent in the first quarter of 2013 from 26 percent in the previous three-month period as economic activity slumped, the country's statistics service said on Thursday.
It was the highest quarterly unemployment rate since this data series started in 1998. The jobless rate in the first quarter of 2012 was 22.6 percent.
Greece has already published monthly unemployment figures up to March.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South