BOJ Kuroda sees investors' profit taking as a factor behind stock falls
TOKYO, June 13
TOKYO, June 13 (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda told a meeting of cabinet ministers that profit taking by investors was one factor behind a plunge in Tokyo share prices, the top government spokesman said on Thursday.
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga also quoted Kuroda as telling the meeting that the real economy and leading indicators showed the economy moving in a direction as targeted by policymakers.
Suga made the comments at a regular news conference.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter