Microsoft to open Windows stores within Best Buy
SEATTLE, June 13
SEATTLE, June 13 (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp said on Thursday it would open 500 special stores within existing Best Buy Co Inc stores in the United States selling exclusively Windows-based tablets and computers and other Microsoft products, in an effort to revitalize sales of its flagship operating system.
The world's largest software company, which already has a chain of its own stores, said the initiative would add more than 1,200 Best Buy Microsoft-trained sales associates to help customers.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |