S&P says municipal housing is stable despite uncertainties
June 13 (Reuters) - U.S. municipal housing remains stable despite reduced federal support due to the countering force of a strengthening housing market, Standard & Poor's said on Thursday.
The role of major mortgage financiers Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is also creating uncertainty regarding federal support, S&P said in a report entitled "U.S. Municipal Housing Ratings Remain Stable Amid A Tepid Recovery And Legislative Uncertainties."
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source