Samsung Heavy's Nigerian unit wins $3 bln vessel order
SEOUL, June 13
SEOUL, June 13 (Reuters) - Samsung Heavy Industries Co Ltd said on Thursday its unit, Samsung Heavy Industries Nigeria, won a $3 billion order from an unnamed major oil company to build a floating production, storage and offloading vessel.
Out of the $3 billion order, Samsung Heavy Industries Co will build the hull and some upper parts of the vessel worth 1.955 trillion won ($1.72 billion), the South Korean shipbuilder said in a regulatory filing. The remainder will go to the Nigerian unit.
The vessel will have a storage capacity of 2.3 million barrels, the shipbuilder added. The contract is set to expire by June 2016.
($1 = 1133.6250 Korean won) (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel