Injury toll in Louisiana chemical plant blast put at 33
June 13 (Reuters) - The explosion and fire at a Louisiana chemical plant on Thursday injured 33 people, said Jean Kelly, a spokeswoman for the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality.
Thirty were taken from the Williams Olefins chemical plant in Geismar, Louisiana, by ambulance and three by helicopter, Kelly said.
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media