Greek PM to meet coalition partners on Monday over ERT crisis
ATHENS (Reuters) - Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras will meet his coalition partners on Monday, his office said on Thursday, in a bid to find a way a out of a growing political crisis over the sudden closure of state broadcaster ERT.
The meeting - which Samaras's junior coalition partners had demanded along with a repeal of the decision to close ERT - will take place at 11 am ET, his office said.
Greek workers staged a nationwide strike on Thursday to protest the closure as backlash against the decision grows.
(Reporting by George Georgiopoulos; Writing by Karolina Tagaris, editing by Deepa Babington)
(This story changes time of meeting to 1500 GMT from 1300 GMT)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions