Greek PM to meet coalition partners on Monday over ERT crisis
ATHENS (Reuters) - Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras will meet his coalition partners on Monday, his office said on Thursday, in a bid to find a way a out of a growing political crisis over the sudden closure of state broadcaster ERT.
The meeting - which Samaras's junior coalition partners had demanded along with a repeal of the decision to close ERT - will take place at 11 am ET, his office said.
Greek workers staged a nationwide strike on Thursday to protest the closure as backlash against the decision grows.
(Reporting by George Georgiopoulos; Writing by Karolina Tagaris, editing by Deepa Babington)
(This story changes time of meeting to 1500 GMT from 1300 GMT)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |