Irish drug company Elan puts itself up for sale
DUBLIN, June 14
DUBLIN, June 14 (Reuters) - Irish drug company Elan said on Friday it will start a formal sale process in light of expressions of interest received to date.
Royalty Pharma, which has made a hostile bid of up to $8 billion for Elan, will be invited to participate if it so wishes, Elan said in a statement.
Elan urged its shareholders not to tender into Royalty's current offer.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official