Infineon settles patent infringement row with Atmel
FRANKFURT, June 14
FRANKFURT, June 14 (Reuters) - German chipmaker Infineon said it has settled a patent infringement claim against Atmel, ending a legal dispute that has been ongoing for more than two years.
As part of the settlement, Atmel will pay Infineon an undisclosed sum, Infineon sad in a statement on Friday.
Infineon initiated proceedings against Atmel in April 2011, filing a complaint against the company in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware. The patents in the suit and countersuit are related to microcontrollers.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |