S&P raises Philadelphia's GO debt rating to A-minus
June 14 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said on Friday it raised Philadelphia's general obligation rating one notch to A-minus from BBB-plus, with a stable outlook.
S&P said the upgrade reflects the Pennsylvania city's "progress in restoring its general fund balance through cost containment as well as stronger revenue streams."
The rating agency also raised its rating on the Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority, Philadelphia Industrial Development Authority and Philadelphia Municipal Authority's GO-equivalent appropriation debt to A-minus from BBB-plus.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details