Infineon settles patent infringement row with Atmel
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - German chipmaker Infineon (IFXGn.DE) said it has settled a patent infringement claim against Atmel (ATML.O), ending a legal dispute that has been ongoing for more than two years.
As part of the settlement, Atmel will pay Infineon an undisclosed sum, Infineon sad in a statement on Friday.
Infineon initiated proceedings against Atmel in April 2011, filing a complaint against the company in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware. The patents in the suit and countersuit are related to microcontrollers.
(Reporting by Maria Sheahan; Editing by Christoph Steitz)
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Ukrainian protesters topple Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |