Infineon settles patent infringement row with Atmel
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - German chipmaker Infineon (IFXGn.DE) said it has settled a patent infringement claim against Atmel (ATML.O), ending a legal dispute that has been ongoing for more than two years.
As part of the settlement, Atmel will pay Infineon an undisclosed sum, Infineon sad in a statement on Friday.
Infineon initiated proceedings against Atmel in April 2011, filing a complaint against the company in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware. The patents in the suit and countersuit are related to microcontrollers.
(Reporting by Maria Sheahan; Editing by Christoph Steitz)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow