Infineon settles patent infringement row with Atmel
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - German chipmaker Infineon (IFXGn.DE) said it has settled a patent infringement claim against Atmel (ATML.O), ending a legal dispute that has been ongoing for more than two years.
As part of the settlement, Atmel will pay Infineon an undisclosed sum, Infineon sad in a statement on Friday.
Infineon initiated proceedings against Atmel in April 2011, filing a complaint against the company in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware. The patents in the suit and countersuit are related to microcontrollers.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command