More than 240,000 without power in Carolina after storms -Duke
June 14 (Reuters) - More than 240,000 homes and businesses in North and South Carolina were still without power early Friday following storms on Thursday, Duke Energy Corp said on its website.
Late Thursday, Duke said more than 350,000 customers, mostly in North Carolina, were without power.
Duke warned those in the hardest hit areas to prepare for a "multi-day" outage.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'