More than 240,000 without power in Carolina after storms -Duke
June 14 (Reuters) - More than 240,000 homes and businesses in North and South Carolina were still without power early Friday following storms on Thursday, Duke Energy Corp said on its website.
Late Thursday, Duke said more than 350,000 customers, mostly in North Carolina, were without power.
Duke warned those in the hardest hit areas to prepare for a "multi-day" outage.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program