Vodafone mulls improved offer for Kabel Deutschland - source
FRANKFURT, June 14
FRANKFURT, June 14 (Reuters) - British mobile firm Vodafone is considering raising its offer for Kabel Deutschland after an initial 7.2 billion euro ($9.6 billion) bid was knocked back by Germany's biggest cable operator, one person close to the matter said.
'The offer could come as soon as next week," the person said on Friday.
Vodafone declined to comment.
Vodafone sent a letter to Kabel Deutschland last week announcing its interest and indicating a price of 81 euros per share, three people familiar with the matter have told Reuters.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by Israeli shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus