Facebook got 9,000-10,000 government data requests in second half 2012
SAN FRANCISCO, June 14
SAN FRANCISCO, June 14 (Reuters) - Facebook Inc received between 9,000 and 10,000 requests for user data from various U.S. government entities in 2012's second half, involving 18,000 to 19,000 of its users' accounts, the worlds largest social network said in a Friday blogpost.
The company said it released the information after reaching a deal about disclosures with U.S. national security authorities.
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |