Facebook got 9,000-10,000 government data requests in second half 2012
SAN FRANCISCO, June 14
SAN FRANCISCO, June 14 (Reuters) - Facebook Inc received between 9,000 and 10,000 requests for user data from various U.S. government entities in 2012's second half, involving 18,000 to 19,000 of its users' accounts, the worlds largest social network said in a Friday blogpost.
The company said it released the information after reaching a deal about disclosures with U.S. national security authorities.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea