RPT-Microsoft got more than 6,000 US data requests in second half 2012
SEATTLE, June 14
SEATTLE, June 14 (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp said on Friday that for the last six months of 2012 it received between 6,000 and 7,000 criminal and national security warrants, subpoenas and orders affecting between 31,000 and 32,000 consumer accounts from local, state and federal U.S. governmental entities.
The software company disclosed the data after reaching a deal about disclosures with U.S. national security authorities. Facebook Inc published similar data earlier on Friday.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane flown deliberately toward Andamans - sources
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport