Hollande says state backs France Telecom CEO for now
PARIS, June 16
PARIS, June 16 (Reuters) - France Telecom chief executive Stephane Richard has state backing to stay in his post as long as an inquiry into fraud allegations does not affect his work, President Francois Hollande said on Sunday.
"He can stay as long as the judicial procedure allows him to remain at the helm of the company," Hollande said in an interview on M6 television.
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia