Hollande says state backs France Telecom CEO for now
PARIS, June 16
PARIS, June 16 (Reuters) - France Telecom chief executive Stephane Richard has state backing to stay in his post as long as an inquiry into fraud allegations does not affect his work, President Francois Hollande said on Sunday.
"He can stay as long as the judicial procedure allows him to remain at the helm of the company," Hollande said in an interview on M6 television.
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park