Czech president does not prefer early election - PM quoted
PRAGUE, June 17
PRAGUE, June 17 (Reuters) - Czech President Milos Zeman does not favour the option of an early election following the government's resignation, news agency CTK quoted outgoing Prime Minister Petr Necas as saying on Monday after he met the president.
Necas resigned after prosecutors charged his close aide with bribery and illegal spying. The president is in charge of appointing a new prime minister.
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source