Ford sees more vehicles exported from India: CEO
CHENNAI, INDIA, June 17
CHENNAI, INDIA, June 17 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co expects to see more of its vehicles exported from India, Chief Executive Alan Mulally said, as the company looks to build more vehicles using global platforms, or chassis, to cut costs and quicken product development.
Mulally is on a visit to the southern Indian city of Chennai ahead of the launch of Ford's EcoSport compact crossover.
Ford plans to export the EcoSport from Chennai for the European market where the vehicle will compete in a growing, but increasingly crowded segment. Its launch is expected in late 2013.
This year, Ford aims to build more than 85 percent of its volume using nine global platforms.
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in holiday period
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion