Nikkei falls as yen stays firm, languishes in bear market
TOKYO, June 17 (Reuters) - The Nikkei share average fell in early trade on Monday as weak U.S. stocks and a stronger yen dampened already fragile sentiment, with the Japanese benchmark languishing in a bear market. The Nikkei shed 1 percent to 12,565.87, while the broader Topix index eased 0.6 percent to 1,050.25.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane flown deliberately toward Andamans - sources
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport