US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St extends gains; S&P, Nasdaq up 1 pct
NEW YORK, June 17
NEW YORK, June 17 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended gains on Monday, with each of the major indexes up more than 1 percent, amid expectations the Federal Reserve will continue to support the economic recovery.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 169.51 points, or 1.12 percent, to 15,239.69. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index climbed 16.61 points, or 1.02 percent, to 1,643.34. The Nasdaq Composite Index rose 34.92 points, or 1.02 percent, to 3,458.47.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Russia's Putin accuses U.S. of damaging world order