US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St extends gains; S&P, Nasdaq up 1 pct
NEW YORK, June 17
NEW YORK, June 17 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended gains on Monday, with each of the major indexes up more than 1 percent, amid expectations the Federal Reserve will continue to support the economic recovery.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 169.51 points, or 1.12 percent, to 15,239.69. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index climbed 16.61 points, or 1.02 percent, to 1,643.34. The Nasdaq Composite Index rose 34.92 points, or 1.02 percent, to 3,458.47.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |