Adidas aims for 2013 soccer sales to match previous year
HERZOGENAURACH, Germany, June 18
HERZOGENAURACH, Germany, June 18 (Reuters) - - Sportswear company Adidas is aiming to maintain soccer sales at around 1.7 billion euros ($2.3 billion) in 2013 despite the absence of a major international tournament this year, CEO Herbert Hainer told a news conference on Tuesday.
Adidas said earlier that it expected sales from its soccer division to reach 2 billion euros next year when Brazil hosts the World Cup.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls