Adidas aims for 2013 soccer sales to match previous year
HERZOGENAURACH, Germany, June 18
HERZOGENAURACH, Germany, June 18 (Reuters) - - Sportswear company Adidas is aiming to maintain soccer sales at around 1.7 billion euros ($2.3 billion) in 2013 despite the absence of a major international tournament this year, CEO Herbert Hainer told a news conference on Tuesday.
Adidas said earlier that it expected sales from its soccer division to reach 2 billion euros next year when Brazil hosts the World Cup.
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- U.S. attack on IS targets in Syria "will be answered" - fighter