BNP Paribas to broker Chevron Nigeria oil sales -sources
ABUJA, June 18
ABUJA, June 18 (Reuters) - French bank BNP Paribas is brokering the sale of five oil blocks that U.S. energy firm Chevron is selling in Nigeria, banking and oil industry sources told Reuters.
BNP Paribas did not immediately respond to request for comment.
Chevron is selling its 40 percent stake in oil mining leases 83, 85, 52, 53 and 55 to local Nigerian firms. It has not disclosed the oil and gas reserves in the blocks or what it hopes to earn from the sales.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows